Saturday, July 18, 2009

THE HOLIDAYS ??????

In our family the Holidays haven't been an issue....till now.

Being Of Caribbean and Jewish descent and having a Christian Husband...WHAT holidays should we teach our child?

I don't practice any "religion". I have my FAITH.
However, I can NOT expect my son to NOT know about holidays as the come.
The idea of starting our own traditions is something I have also decided to do. For the winter holidays...CHRISTMAS, CHANUKAH and KWANZA, I am starting to brush up on the TRUE meanings of each so that my son will have a better understand as to how each "holiday" actually have the same foundation - somewhat.

If you have any ideas to share which could help, PLEASE let me know.

Right now I am doing some reading for the September "Jewish" holidays - Rosh Hashanah (SEPT 20TH) and Yom Kippur (SEPT 28TH).

Since there are SOOO many holidays...I would appreciate it if you could send me a list of any you feel are extremely important and for what reason.

Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment